Since I’m officially a cat lady now, I’m kind of obligated to post beautiful pictures of my new life partner, Quito. I adopted him from the Angels of Assisi shelter here in Roanoke. It’s a no-kill rescue that saves strays and animals from high-kill shelters and fosters and adopts them out to loving owners. He is named after the capital of Ecuador, which I had the amazing opportunity to spend some time in last summer while working on Living Galápagos.
Such an upstanding, handsome young man.
- Color: Mackerel tabby
- Age: approximately 8 months
- Favorite food: Chicken with brown rice
- Favorite toy: Straw ball, my clothes
- Favorite pastime: Running around like a maniac when I try to go to sleep at night
- Fun fact: I was going to name him Caña, after the potent and life changing, distilled-from-sugar-cane alcohol which heavily influenced our time on the Galápagos Islands, but I thought it sounded too girly for a boy cat.
His feather toy did not survive much longer after this picture was taken.
His is a monster-in-disguise.